IJ Ultra Violet Water Purifiers Series
Ultraviolet Radiation: Ultraviolet (UV) light is invisible radiation within a range of the solar spectrum. UV is similar to the
wavelengths that are produced by visible light, but much shorter. UV radiation is measured in millionths of a millimeter, i.e.,
Ultraviolet lamp radiation of 2537 Angstrom units (or 254 nanometers) wavelength must hit the microorganism to inactivate it, and each
microorganism must absorb a specific amount of energy to be destroyed. The intensity of ultraviolet is expressed in MICROWATT-seconds
per square centimeter and is the product of the lamp output in watts, the length of time of exposure and volume of water being treated.
Most water-borne pathogenic (disease-causing) microorganisms are destroyed under 10,000 MW Sec./cm2.
- Provides over 30,000 Microwatt seconds per square centimeter of 2537-Angstrom Wavelength (254 nanometers) of ultraviolet energy across
- fluid medium for positive 99.9% kill of contamination microorganism
- Low power consumption
- Pressure drop at rated flow less than 1 psig
- Design pressure 150 psig
- Operating pressure 125 psig
- Chamber designed to prevent laminar flow of water and to maximize turbulence and microorganism destruction
- Each UV lamp is protected in a high transmission pure fused quartz sleeve for peak dosage
DS-10 Ultra Violet Water Purification System
- Audible lamp out alarm.
- Led light lamp out indicator.
- Translucent view cap – visually see lamp status.
- Inline Inlet/outlets for simplifed plumbing.
- Removable head for ease of handling during installation and easy access to chamber.
- Heavy duty adjustable mounting brackets.
- Vent port – air and pressure release valve.
- 316 stainless steel.
- Highly polished – elegant appearance.
- UL and CSA listed power supply.
The quality of drinking water can change with time and become contaminated with harmful bacteria. The Sterilight Silver system is a
reliable, economical and chemical-free way to safeguard drinking water in any residential application. The Sterilight Silver system
has been designed and tested to ensure quality drinking water is at everyone’s finger tips.
- Equipped to inactivate chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not
- visible to the naked eye.
- Specially designed and tested Sterilume-EX lamps provide consistent and reliable ultraviolet output over the entire life of the lamp
- (9000 hours) to ensure continuous purification.
- The system is easy to maintain and service.
- The ultraviolet lamp can be changed without interrupting the water flow.
- Built with a durable stainless steel chamber to prolong life and eliminate ultraviolet light degradation.
- The Silver ICE power supply visually displays the remaining lamp life and will go into alarm if the lamp fails to notify the homeowner.
- Monitored systems also have the ability to read the percentage of UV output.
- The power supply has a sealed case to prevent damage from accidental water intrusion and is fully CSA and CE compliant.
- Monitored systems have a specialized 254nm UV intensity sensor which notifies homeowners of changes in UV performance.
- Monitored systems have an optional solenoid valve which will stop the flow of water through the chamber should any changes in the UV
- performance falls below a safe level.